Molly Magnuson is a deeply experienced, results oriented litigation attorney. Her experience comes not only from working for significant clients, but also from working in some of America’s top law firms, which allowed her exposure to complex commercial litigation for high stakes.
Her extensive experience representing clients in a variety of complex business litigation includes the specialties of trademark, copyright, trade secrets, entertainment, class actions, and complex contract and commercial litigation. Ms. Magnuson’s clients have enjoyed not only her insightful and strategic litigation guidance, but also her extensive trial experience in all litigation settings.
Ms. Magnuson honed her skills and built her experience at O’Melveny & Myers LLP, one of the country’s top law firms, and a noted California based firm, One LLP.
- Representation of a major corporate footwear and clothing brand that included such contentious issues of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and fraud allegations claimed against Ms. Magnuson’s client. The jury trial lasted five weeks and resulted in a satisfying and successful outcome and exoneration of her corporate client.
- Representation of a major corporate apparel brand in a trademark infringement action brought against a competitor to Ms. Magnuson’s client. At the conclusion of the extensive jury trial held in federal court, the Central District of California, verdicts were rendered in favor of Ms. Magnuson’s client.
- Representation of a major law firm of significant public reputation against allegations of legal malpractice. Again, the jury rendered verdicts completely absolving her client of the allegations.
- Representation of a global leader in the development of innovative pharmaceutical and medical device products in a federal trial in the Central District of California. Ms. Magnuson’s client sued to protect its product by alleging misappropriation of trade secrets against her client’s major pharmaceutical competitor. The results were the same, with verdicts rendered in favor of Ms. Magnuson’s client.
- Representation of a major clothing manufacturer, in arbitration, in a significant dispute over valuable licensing rights. In this instance Ms. Magnuson not only achieved total victory with the verdict, she also secured attorneys’ fees and costs for her client from the opposing party.
- Representation of the owners of an investment company with significant commercial property assets in arbitration against a property management company. Allegations in the trial included breach of contract and fraud, which resulted in verdicts in favor of Ms. Magnuson’s clients.
- Representation of a national automotive repair franchise company and its parent company in dispute brought by the landlord of one of its premises in fraud and breach of contract action. After a two week jury trial, Ms. Magnuson obtained a complete victory for her clients including an award of attorneys’ fees.
- Southern California “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers and published in Los Angeles magazine 2011-2016
- Complex Contract and Commercial Litigation
- Trademark, Copyright, Trade Dress and Trade Secret Litigation
- Entertainment Litigation
- Class Actions
- Professional Malpractice
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A. (1999)
- Loyola Law School, J.D. (2003)
- cum laude
- Loyola of Los Angeles Entertainment Law Review, Senior Editor
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Lawrence W. Crispo, Los Angeles Superior Court
- US District Court for the Central, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of California
- US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Memberships & Associations
- Orange County Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers