Lauren Johnson-Norris’ fifteen-year career as a litigator is distinguished not only by her skill and recognition for her professionalism, but by leadership in the legal field. Developing and relying on those trial skills in the tough arena of white collar and criminal law has been a hallmark of Lauren’s practice, in trial or on appeal.
Lauren’s educational experience has been founded in excellence, first at a distinguished national private university, Pitzer College, and then at one of the fastest academically rising law schools in the nation, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law. The law school, located in New York city, recognized Lauren’s potential and scholarship by awarding her with the Archie A. Gorfinkle Award For “The Most Promising Graduate Entering the Field of Criminal Law”.
At the onset of her white-collar practice Lauren sought training in trial practice and is a graduate of the Gerry Spence Trial Lawyer College, founded and taught by one of America’s greatest trial lawyers. Lauren put that training into practice, quickly earning a reputation as a talented and aggressive advocate for her clients. She has extensive experience in cross examination of expert witnesses, particularly in the medical field. Lauren’s skills have become so pronounced she has instructed at numerous Continuing Legal Education (CLE) trial advocacy seminars across California.
Lauren is also a distinguished advocate on appeal, having served as attorney of record in well over 250 appellate matters and writs. One example of Lauren’s prowess on appeal is found in her successful work in the matter of In re Drake M. (2012) 211 Cal.App.4th 754, a landmark case. This authority is one of several published opinions Lauren has to her credit.
Her impact has not only been felt in the law, but also amongst her colleagues. Her skills and experience have been recognized as a “Super Lawyer Rising Star” and as a “Top Women Lawyers in Southern California” by the Los Angeles Magazine. This recognition by her peers spans the past decade.
Lauren was previously selected by her legal peers to serve as President of the South Orange County Bar Association. Her leadership also encompasses the University of California at Irvine School of Law wherein she has been active in the Mock Trial program serving either as a lecturer or as a judge at competitions.
- Represented client being prosecuted for serious charges. Lauren discovered grounds for the disqualification of the prosecutorial agency. As a result, all charges were dismissed against Lauren’s client.
- Representation in a criminal matter wherein Lauren’s prefiling attack on the prosecution’s key expert witness convinced prosecutors to decline the filing of any charges against her client.
- Successful representation in a significant multi-million-dollar white collar matter involving allegations of embezzlement, workers compensation fraud and insurance fraud.
- White Collar and Internal Investigations
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Pitzer College, B.A.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law J.D.
- Awarded Archie A. Gorfinkle Award
- District of Columbia
Memberships & Associations
- South Orange County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Orange County Women Lawyers Association
- Orange County Jewish Bar Association